– URETHANE FINISHED FLOORS: We recommend using Garrison, Woodwise, or Dura Seal cleaning and maintenance products applied with a terry cloth mop.
– LAMINATE FLOORS: We recommend using Armstrong Hardwood & Laminate cleaning and maintenance products as directed.
– VINYL FLOORS: We recommend using Armstrong New Beginning, Shine Keeper, and Once ‘N Done cleaning and maintenance products as directed.
DO NOT USE oil soaps, liquid or paste wax products, or other household cleaners that contain citrus oils, lemon oil, tung oil, silicon, ammonia, or 2-in-1 cleaners with polish. Use of these and other such products will harm the long-term performance of your floor and may also affect its re-coat ability. Our warranty does not cover damage caused by non-recommended products
2. Sweep or Vacuum Regularly
Built-up grit can damage the surface of your floor. The vacuum head must be a brush or felt type. (Do not use a vacuum with a beater bar head.) Be certain the wheels of the vacuum are clean and do not damage the finish. It is Also helpful to use area rugs in high-traffic areas and pivot points.
3. Maintain Proper Relative Humidity
Humidity in your home should remain between 35% – 55% at all times during the year. Use of a humidification system may be required to maintain proper humidity levels to avoid excessive swelling or drying of the wood flooring. Surface checking can be expected if the humidity level is not properly maintained or if the floor’s surface temperature exceeds 82°. Watch video to learn more.
4. Avoid Excess Water or Liquids
Remove spills promptly using a soft cloth and recommended cleaning products above. Never wet-mop, damp-mop, or clean your floor with water. This can severely damage the flooring, and damage resulting from these actions may not be covered under warranty. Additionally, do not use hardwood floor cleaning machines or steam cleaners.
5. Avoid Excessive or Prolonged Exposure to Sunlight/UV Rays
Exposure to the sun and its UV rays accelerates the oxidation and aging of wood. This can cause the wood stain and/or wood to fade and/or to change color. We recommend that you rearrange rugs and furniture periodically so the floor ages evenly.
6. Take Precautions to Protect Your Floor From Scratches & Dents
Place protective felt pads beneath furniture legs and replace pads as needed. Use a dolly and protective sheets of plywood when moving heavy objects, furniture, or appliances. Make certain furniture casters are clean and operate properly (a minimum 1″-wide vinyl surface where it comes in contact with wood is recommended). Remove shoes with spiked or damaged heels before walking on floor. Keep pets’ nails trimmed and paws clean.
STAY IN THE LOOPSUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
JOIN THE GARRISON NETWORKGET IDEAS, SHARE TIPS, SHOW OFF YOUR FLOOR